162 Coxe Avenue, Suite 101
Asheville, NC 28801
Tel: (828) 398-2040
©Alpha Environmental Sciences, Inc. 2006
Construction Materials Testing
Alpha Environmental Sciences, Inc. maintains a full array of field
and laboratory testing equipment for the testing of soil, concrete,
asphalt, steel, and roofing materials.
Our field service technicians are trained, experienced professionals
who can provide timely answers to questions which can arise during
the course of construction. We maintain a thorough in-house quality
control and training program for all of our field and laboratory personnel.
We work diligently to maintain the highest quality equipment and state-of-the-art
engineering testing facilities. Our staff is updated regularly on the
latest and most cost-effective techniques. Our engineers and technicians
work closely with owners, developers, architects, and contractors to
ensure a successful completion to a quality project.
Soil Testing Services
- Foundations / Footers
- Pile Foundations (including load testing)
- Earthwork, Fill and Backfill
- Laboratory Testing / Analysis
[ Top ]
Concrete Testing Services
- Field Testing of Fluid Concrete (During Placement)
- Laboratory Testing for compressive strength of cylinders, cores, mortar cubes
- Field Strength Testing by coring, hammer test, sonic and probe tests.
- Chapter 1 IBC Special Inspection Services
- Chapter 17 IBC Field Inspections
- South Carolina Office of School Facilities (OSF) Chapter 1 Inspections
- South Carolina Office of School Facilities (OSF) Chapter 17 Inspections
Alpha has on staff Field Engineers, Senior Field Technicians and Specialized Filed Technicians that are certified to perform the following most typical QA/QC test for construction purposes:
- Erosion Control
- Floor Flatness
- Welding; Steel structures / Gas piping / Medical gas / Boilers
- Non-destructive Testing of Welds
- Steel Frame Inspection
- High Strength Bolting
- Pre-stressed Concrete - Post / Tension Tendons
- Pre-stressed Concrete - Post / Tension Slabs / on / grade
- Masonry Construction Site Preparation
- Fill Replacement
- Evaluation of In-Place Density (compaction)
- Pile Foundation
- Pier Foundation
- Sprayed Fire Resistant Materials
- Roadways - ABC Stone & Asphalt Placement
- Special Tests Requested by Owner or Architect
- Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP)
In-Situ Concrete Maturity Measurement (ASTM C 1074)
Alpha personnel are certified and experienced in the IntelliRock Concrete Maturity Measurement Process. This process is the most technically advanced and the most widely adopted maturity method system for profiling temperature and estimating the strength of placed concrete. Its key attributes are:
- Accurate strength form placed concrete for improved quality control and safety.
- Real-time, on-site information to optimize workflow, reduce construction time and cost.
- Rugged, long lasting components that hold information permanently in cold weather and conditions of significant temperature swings.
[ Top ]